Grassmarket Studio (Webster’s Land): Conditions of Hire
- Guests agree to use the apartment solely for the purposes of a holiday let and to vacate the apartment at the end of their period of let, unless an extension has been agreed with the owner.
- The number of people occupying the apartment must not exceed 2 persons, except by permission from the owner.
- Guests should keep the apartment in a reasonably clean and tidy condition and not cause any disturbance to neighbours.
- The apartment must be left secure whenever a guest leaves it unoccupied during the period of their stay.
- Guests will be required to pay for any loss or damage, beyond fair wear and tear, to the apartment or the contents.
- The owner accepts no responsibility or liability for loss, injury or damage to guests or their possessions.
- Guests are strongly recommended to take out appropriate personal insurance for their holiday.
- Balance Payment: The full balance is due 30 days before arrival, or on the day of booking if it is made less than 30 days before arrival. If the balance is not paid by the due date, the owner has the right to cancel the booking and re-let the dates.
- by the GUEST:
For a cancellation more than 2 days before arrival day, any balance already paid will be refunded.
For a cancellation 2 days or less before arrival day, any balance already paid will not be refunded.
(Example: for an arrival date of 15th June 2021 the guests will be refunded if they cancel on 12th June 2021 or earlier, but the guest will not be refunded if they cancel on the 13th, 14th or 15th June 2021.)
- by the OWNER:
The owner reserves the right to cancel a booking at any time when there are circumstances beyond the owner’s control (for example, but not limited to: fire, flood or other damage to the property; extreme weather; local, regional or national restrictions or lockdown; preceding guest requiring to remain in the accommodation to self-isolate).
The owner’s liability is limited solely to the repayment of any rent already paid for the booking. Any balance already paid will be refunded in full to the guest and alternative accommodation will be suggested.
- by the GUEST:
- Conditions regarding the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic
- Guests should not travel to the apartment if they have any symptoms of Covid-19, or if they are in a period of self-isolation or quarantine.
- Guests should follow the current Scottish Government guidelines on Covid-19 during their stay: www.gov.scot
- If a guest develops Covid-19 symptoms during their stay they are required to:
• Immediately arrange a test with NHS Inform on 0800 028 2816 or by booking online at NHS Inform
• Inform the owner of the apartment: Tricia Corney on 07814 144 409
• Follow Scottish Government guidance on self-isolation as detailed on NHS Inform: Test & Protect
- If a guest is required to self-isolate and can travel home safely without using public transport, they may do so. If they cannot do so they must discuss the possibility of extending their staying with the owner of the apartment.
The local Health Protection Team and local authority can also provide help to ensure the guest has suitable accommodation and support in order to isolate safely and effectively.
National Assistance Helpline: 0800 111 4000
“The apartment” refers to Grassmarket Studio (Webster’s Land) at 423, Webster’s Land, Edinburgh EH1 2RX.
“The guest(s)” refers to all person(s) staying in this apartment and is not restricted to the person(s) named on the booking.
“The owner” refers to Tricia Corney of 161/18 Easter Road, Edinburgh EH7 5QB.
Conditions of Hire valid from 1st August 2020