Conditions of Hire
- The customer agrees to keep the apartment in a clean and tidy condition.
- The customer agrees to prevent any member of his/her party from causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbouring residents.
- The customer agrees to leave the apartment secure when it is unoccupied during the period of let.
- The customer agrees to pay Edinburgh Self-Catering in respect of any loss or damage beyond fair wear and tear.
- The customer shall not sub-let the apartment or any part of it.
- The number of people occupying the apartment must not exceed the maximum number stated for the premises.
- The customer agrees to vacate the apartment at the end of the period of let.
- The customer agrees that the apartment is to be used for the purposes of a holiday, as referred to in the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988, namely, “a tenancy the purpose of which is to confer on the tenant the right to occupy the house for a holiday".
- The customer agrees to exclude Edinburgh Self-Catering from any liability for damage or injury, however caused, by any member of his/her party.
- Edinburgh Self-Catering accepts no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any member of the customer’s party, or their possessions, arising from the hire of the premises.
- On-line Booking
a) when the customer submits a booking request via the Edinburgh Self-Catering online booking system (provided by SuperControl) the customer will receive an automatically generated "Booking Summary" by email but this does not yet form a contract between Edinburgh Self-Catering and the customer - at this stage it is a provisional reservation subject to availability.
b) A contract shall only arise when the booking is subsequently confirmed by Edinburgh Self-Catering in a "Booking Confirmation" sent to the customer by email.
c) If the customer chooses to pay by Bank Transfer the booked dates will be held as "provisional" for up to 1 week from the date the Booking Confirmation is sent to the customer. This is to allow time for the payment to reach us and we are entitled to cancel the booking if the payment has not been received by the end of the 7th day after the Booking Confirmation is sent.
a) If the customer cancels the booking 30 days or more prior to arrival the 30% deposit the customer paid to Edinburgh Self-Catering will be refunded.
b) If the customer cancels the booking less than 30 days prior to arrival no payments (deposit or balance) are refunded.
c) Changes of arrival or departure dates may have to be treated as cancellation and re-booking, depending on notice of changes.
d) Edinburgh Self-Catering may treat the booking as cancelled by the customer if the balance of the payment is not received, or otherwise arranged, by the date specified in the booking confirmation.
e) In the event of Edinburgh Self-Catering cancelling the booking all deposits and payments received by Edinburgh Self-Catering from the customer will be refunded in full.