Q. What precautions are you taking regarding Covid-19?
• Tricia (the owner and cleaner) has completed an industry approved Covid-19 Cleaning Course and is adhering to the enhanced cleaning protocols included in it.
• Cleaning check-lists are provided in each room so you can see the date of cleaning, the items cleaned and the methods used.
• All bed-linen and towels are washed at 60ºC
• Extra days have been marked off on either side of each booking to allow additional time between lets for cleaning, airing and disinfecting.
• If you have any specific queries or worries, please do get in touch.
Arrival / Departure
Q. How do I find Grassmarket Studio (Webster's Land)?The Webster's Land apartment block is on the street of West Port (the post code is EH1 2RX). When you have paid the balance we will email you 2 attachments with maps and full directions from the airport, train stations, etc.
Please note: the directions we email will also contain the APARTMENT NUMBER, the ACCESS CODE to the front gate, and the KEY-BOX CODE, so please make a note of all these or remember to bring the directions with you!
Q. How do I collect the keys?
The usual way is for you to collect the keys from the secure Key-Box next to the apartment door (we supply you with the code by email before you arrive).
But if you'd prefer to be met at the apartment on arrival just let us know in advance (preferably when you book). We'll then meet you at an arranged time outside Webster's Land on West Port and show you into the apartment.
Q. What time can I arrive?
- If you are going to collect the keys from the key-box you can get into the apartment from 15:00 (3pm) onwards.
- If you prefer to be met at the apartment block on arrival we can usually arrange a time from 11:00 (11am) onwards, to at least let you drop off your luggage while the apartment is being cleaned.
Please let us know your expected arrival time and any relevant travel details (e.g. flight number or train time).
- If you wish to have an earlier arrival time than those mentioned above, please ask us before you book and we will let you know if it is possible.
Q. What time can I depart?
Departure should be by 10:00 (10am). If you wish to have a later departure time please request this when you book (or before booking) and we will do our best to arrange it.
Please leave the keys inside the apartment when you depart and make sure the door shuts after you.
Q. Are there any stairs?
There is a total of 20 stairs up to the apartment, which is one level above street level (sorry, there is no lift/elevator). But, as it is built on a hill, the block is taller at the back than at the front. In Grassmarket Studio you will notice you are actually four floors above the lane at the back of the block.
Q. Where can I store luggage if I arrive earlier or want to depart later than arranged?
Sorry, there is nowhere to store luggage at Grassmarket Studio outwith your agreed arrival and departure times. However, there are some storage options around the city centre. Please note: these facilities may not all be available, depending on the prevailing Covid-19 regulations:
- WAVERLEY STATION: Left Luggage
Open daily, 07:00 - 23:00. Each item: £7.50 (3 hours) / £12.50 (24 hours)
- BUS STATION: North St. Andrew Street
Open daily 04:30 - 00:00. Lockers (12 hours): Small £5 / Medium £6.50 / Large £8 / XLarge £10
- GALLERIES on THE MOUND: Gardens Entrance (by the cafe below the galleries)
Open every day, 10:00 - 17:00. Lockers: Small £1 / Medium £2
- MUSEUM OF SCOTLAND: Chambers Street
Open every day, 10:00 - 17:00. Cloakroom for small items(under 15kg): £1.50 each item
Inside the Apartment
Q. What facilities/equipment are in Grassmarket Studio?
- free unlimited Wi-Fi
- iron, ironing board, clothes airer
- electric heating (kitchen has underfloor heating)
- tourist information, guide books, games, DVDs
- travel adaptor plugs, USB plug
- towels, bed-linen, tea towels (and washcloths if requested in advance)
standard double bed, sofa, TV with Freeview channels, DVD player
kettle, toaster, microwave, electric oven and hob, washing machine, fridge (with icebox), plates, cooking pans, etc.
electric shower over bath, shaver-socket
Q. How many people can stay?
The maximum number of guests allowed is 2 (not counting infants). There is one standard double bed (width 135cm) in the lounge/bedroom, but if 2 guests want separate beds we can also provide a single-size Z-Bed in the same room. If the Z-Bed will be required please request it on booking.
NB: the Z-Bed cannot be used by a 3rd guest as 2 is the maximum number of guests permitted in this apartment.
Q. Do you supply any groceries or toiletries?
We provide a few items to get you started: coffee, tea, sugar, cooking oil, salt and pepper, kitchen paper, washing-up liquid, laundry liquid, hand-wash, and toilet paper.
Q. Where is the nearest grocery shop?
There is a Sainsbury's Local just a minute's walk from Webster's Land. It is open 7am - 11pm (Mon-Sat); 8am - 11pm (Sun).
Q. Are there cafes, restaurants and bars nearby?
Too many to mention here! We leave a copy of The List's Eating & Drinking Guide in the apartment to help you choose!
Q. Can I smoke in the apartment?
Smoking is NOT allowed inside the apartment or in the corridor leading to the apartment. Outside, however, smoking is permitted on the covered walkways overlooking the courtyard garden. Please dispose of cigarette ends carefully.
Q. Can I bring a pet?
Sorry, no pets allowed.
Q. Is the apartment suitable for an infant or a child?
The apartment has no special equipment for infants or young children, but there is room to put up a baby's travel cot if you are bringing one with you.
Children (of any age) MUST be supervised both inside and outside the apartment because Grassmarket Studio is on the 4th floor of a 6-storey building and the windows do open! Also, the guard rails around the exterior walkways on each level have gaps between the rails.
Energy Performance Certificate
Rated higher (more efficient) than the Scottish average.
Energy Efficiency: C - 74 Environmental Impact: D - 67
View the EPC